« Home | I keep holdin' on to yesterday. » | Tie me up, tie me down. » | There he goes » | Did you notice if you turn a heart upside down it ... » | I'm gonna take you over. » 

Thursday, September 01, 2005 

Give a little bit.

My stomach is in turmoil right now. Not only am I ashamed to be an American after watching the latest news, I am seething that I cannot raise money through a particular worldwide auction site!!!

What is wrong with this world? Do those crazed-gun-toting-asses actually think that they're going to turn the South into Mad Max Beyond the Superdome? Obviously they do not care past one drugless minute that shooting at the people who are trying to RESCUE them and the people around them are going to turn tail and leave! Hello? Think PAST the heroine or gang mentality for one moment.

Jesus, there are so many people down there who aren't even at any of the "staging areas" -- they are completely stranded within cities all over the place. Gee, the nightly news doesn't seem to have any problem finding them and putting them on tv, so why in the FUCK isn't any FEMA or National Guard soldiers getting to them? Fucking politics and fat asses who have their heads shoved up other people's asses? Pardon me while I'm livid.

Another blow to this frustration is that Eflay decided that 3 out of 4 items I was auctioning to raise donations for the Houston SPCA "violated" their listing policies because I didn't go through their Mission Fish pages, which apparently is the only "viable" way they think people should help. Well, the Houston SPCA isn't listed on the Mission Fish site as an organization to give money to! I stated on my auction pages that 100% of my auction proceeds would go to make one large donation to the Houston SPCA. This evening, I visited to see if anyone had bid on anything only to find that the listings had vanished without a clue. One listing was left and I quickly revised it so that it wouldn't "EXACTLY" say what my intentions are, but alluded to it for anyone watching the item.

Sure, it's fine to offer up bogus shit for your own rewards, shit that is in total violation every day, shit that you see plenty of people making money on for their own good and you try to do something good in the face of hopelessness and YOU are the person they look at say "OH NO, You can't do THAT!"

Somebody please explain the assbackwards thinking on either one of these situations! Am I nucking futs or what?

In the meantime, please remember all of the four-legged creatures that cannot attempt to wave the news crews down for airtime, begging and pleading to be picked up for a chance to live in a shelter. Please donate to any SPCA or other various organization helping animals scared to death by mankind and mother nature. I know humankind and children are important and I have donated to the Red Cross, but please throw any sized bone to those poor animals.

Thank you.