« Home | Give a little bit. » | I keep holdin' on to yesterday. » | Tie me up, tie me down. » | There he goes » | Did you notice if you turn a heart upside down it ... » | I'm gonna take you over. » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

Give them something to talk about?

WTF people? Our government can send troops to Iraq, Afghanistan, plenty of other places where situations are deadly. And what happens when those troops get taken out? They just send more!

So, when a catastrophic situation develops in the southern states of AMERICA, how come it takes 5 goddam days to send troops? Why were rescue operations halted and "troops" pulled out when lawlessness took over? Why weren't more troops just sent in?

The media is giving me whiplash. Is it true that anarchy is everywhere, that people run amok with guns, shooting willy nilly? Is it true that anyone trying to give aid to the refugees is being shot at?Earlier today, I've heard through the media that lawlessness isn't wide spread, that it's sporadic at best and limited to only a few pockets hither and thither. Well? Which is it? Because if it's the latter situation and there aren't that many people hampering rescue efforts, why are rescue attempts being aborted with the excuse of fear of violence being given?

I realize that the media is prone to um....highlighting the negative. How much more NEGATIVE can the desperation of thousands upon thousands of people be? While the situation outside the Superdome and at the Convention Center grab all of the attention, click that link and read post after post of people sending out SOS's for loved ones all throughout the southland who are still in their houses, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, etc.

Oh FEMA, Oh Mr. President, Oh National Guard directors! Are you going to send the troops in and get these people? Are you gonna let them die? Do you know how bad this is going to make you look if somewhere in the back of your minds, you're thinking that letting these people die will solve a lot of problems that will domino through the economy because of this catastrophe?

Don't forget about the media! They'll be showing your every apathetic decisions on the nightly news and in the papers and oh yeah, on the net.

I know, I know....it's almost time for my meds and to climb back into my padded abode but JESUS, I'm not the only person wondering WTF!!

COMMENTS:

I've got some great articles for you from LA Weekly - remind me to send them!

Posted by: E