« Home | Holiday » | Melancholy and the infinite sadness » | Lips like sugar, sugar kisses » | It's logical to me » | Zing went the strings of my heart - Part 2 » | Zing went the strings of my heart - Part 1 » | Where have all the cowboys gone** » | Who are you » | Christmas wrap up » | It's definitely Miss Jackson » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

Don't want to be your monkey wrench

Hi internet! How are you?

I really had every intention of posting way before now. Honest.

There I was, trying to be organized, trying to stay on top of this major project at work that ends in 14 days, trying to balance living, sleeping, teenager rearing.....and BLAM!

I get handed MORE work at work, and of a completely different nature.

I knew it was coming. I had fair warning. It's just that an agreement was made for this work to begin in the summer, AFTER the major project was completed and there was plenty of available time to prepare for the additional responsibilities.

Oh nonononono. Nope, plans changed. We do not want to wait for you to have available time to implement this new aspect of your job. It must be done NOW...for no good reason. AND you must still keep on top of the major project that's over in 14 days too.

But wait........it's sort of hard to be one person doing the jobs of at least 3 people. I don't want to put a bad light on the organization with poor quality work. Are you sure we can't work something else out?

Sure thing! We'll hire more help.

Whew....that's a relief! Thanks a bunch, I'm sorry I even raised an eyebrow. Gosh, I feel so silly!

Oh, no problem - not to worry. Just write the classified listing and do the hiring too. Everything's fine!

Huh? Write the classified listing AND hire the extra help? Great.....MORE work!


Sooooo.............there it is, my life right now. Banana anyone?