« Home | It's (not) raining men or anything else for that m... » | R-E-S-P-E-C-T » | Don't give up on us baby » | Wot U (Think U) Need » | Hair today and tomorrow » | Chicken...make a lousy housepet! » | All aboard! » | Give them something to talk about? » | Give a little bit. » | I keep holdin' on to yesterday. » 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 

It's in his kiss

That's where it is!

THIS story hit me sort of unexpectedly hard. Young girls are always dreaming of that end all be all kiss from their true loves and that poor girl got it, literally.

As a rosacea sufferer, I know what it's like to eat something that has an almost instantaneous reaction on my face. I also have allergies with certain foods. Onions for instance will cause my heart to race and leave me feeling dizzy. I had something once at a Chinese restaurant that did virtually the same thing AND made me feel like my throat was closing on me.

She MUST have known that she was allergic to peanuts if an epi-pen used to treat anaphylaxis was used on her immediately following. Couldn't she smell them on her boyfriend's breath? I realize that by the time she could taste them, she would have known it was too late.

How terribly sad for her family and especially her boyfriend. My heart goes out to them.

Ahh, in other news...I'm waddling around like most everyone else from eating too much Thanksgiving food. Maybe YOU have more self control than I do, but dang -- pumpkin pie is my oh my!

Also, I'm changing PRETEEN's pseudonym to STILTS. Why? He is now 5 feet 8.25 inches tall. And it's sorta funny because all the growth is going to his torso. He's still wearing his 29x30 jeans without any problem. Men's size small shirts are too short for him and even though the mediums look better, he likes the length in size large. Bro-ther. I just think they look sloppier.

Just more drudgery at the ol' salt mines. I'm considering taking up knitting as a hobby. My aunt knits and crochets and once upon a time, she taught me a few basic crochet steps. I really love the new yarns that have come out...so soft and airy or bold and chunky. So IF you get something knitted for Christmas, it just might have been made by me....maybe!